Need to Know
Information on this page
Information on other pages
Additional Rules and Information
This information will also be printed in the premium list.
- There is NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGE allowed in the Peoria Civic Center! If you have a medical reason to bring your own food, you must be able to provide a physician’s letter stating so.
- Food will be available for purchase daily from the Concession Stand in the Great Hall.
- The show site will be open at 6:00 am Tuesday through Sunday. All doors will be locked at 11:00 pm each night, Monday through Saturday.
- Security will be provided in the Peoria Civic Center overnight. For dogs left in the building, all crates must be marked with the responsible party's contact info.
- The Collie Club of America advises all exhibitors that they are responsible for picking up after their dogs both inside and outside.
- You have a responsibility to conduct yourselves in a manner that presents the sport of dogs and the Collie Breed in the very best light. Each and every time you appear in public with your dogs you have the opportunity to make a positive and lasting impression.
- The Peoria Civic Center is a non-smoking facility. No smoking within 25 feet of any entrance door. Please dispose of cigarette waste in provided containers!
THE PEORIA CIVIC CENTER and the RV PARKING LOT MUST BE VACATED BY 10:00 am on Sunday March 31.
AED Locations at the Peoria Civic Center
- Nurse’s Station in the Great Hall by the Reception Desk.
- Great Hall across from the Concession Stand.
Breeder of the Year
Breeders/Fanciers are invited to submit information to qualify for Collie Club of America Breeder of the Year. Winners are honored at the CCA National Specialty following the calendar year for which they win.
The criteria, a Frequently Asked Questions, submission spreadsheet template, and contact info are available at the Breeder of the Year page on the CCA website.Deadline for submissions is February 9.
Dog bathing facilities will be available at the Peoria Civic Center.
Dog Show following the National
All-Breed Dog show:
Sunday March 31, 2019
Columbia Missouri Kennel Club
Purina Farms, Gray Summit MO
Rough & Smooth Collies/ Herding Group: Mrs. Kimberly Meredith Cavanna.
Closes: March 13, 2019
For more information: Onofrio Dog Shows
Handicapped Seating Area
The Handicapped open area will be designated for individuals with special needs as an area to enjoy the National Specialty Show. This area is for wheelchair and scooter parking ONLY. The Handicapped area is not for standing room, grooming or for individuals to set up their own seating. This area will be heavily monitored.
See the Health Testing page for information about health testing and DNA banking being offered at the National by the Collie Health Foundation.
Shining Star Award
The Shining Star Program recognizes collies that do special work in the community. Shining Star is open to ANY PUREBRED COLLIE who works as a Service Dog, Therapy Dog, Education/Library Assistance Dog, or has done any good deed(s) for his family or the community. The owner does not need to be a CCA member, nor does the dog need to be bred by a CCA member.
Each year a collie-handler team that represents the spirit of the Shining Star Program will be chosen as the Shining Star Ambassador. The Shining Star Ambassador team will represent all the collie teams at an awards ceremony at the Collie Club of America’s National Specialty.
The deadline to submit an application for this year's Shining Star award is January 19, 2019.
All Peoria Civic Center parking is FREE. Limited parking will be available in the Peoria Civic Center’s main Marquee parking lot. Additional parking is available in the Fulton Street lot immediately across the street from the side of the Civic Center.
Host Hotels Parking
The host hotels share a parking garage whose entrance is on Fulton Street across the street from the Civic Center. Parking here is restricted to hotel guests only.
The hotel parking garage height limit is 7’1”. Oversize vehicles can park in the Civic Center, Fulton Street parking lot nearest the hotels. Maps will be provided in your Hotel Welcome Packets.
Video Policy and Release
The professional video services and live streaming at this show are governed by a legally binding contract with the club, which includes an exclusive video agreement. No other commercial video recording, video recording from a tripod, monopod or other supported camera/device, or any video recording or streaming of large parts/whole classes or large segments of the shall be permitted. The contractual terms permit individuals to record small bits of video of their own dogs with handheld devices only (e.g. phone, tablet or small camcorder). Filming of large portions of, or entire classes is permitted.
On Line Streaming of show video to Facebook, Facebook Live, YouTube, UStream, Live Stream, or any other comparable online or social media outlet is strictly forbidden!
All rights to video record and live stream or otherwise exploit this event and/or the persons or animals participating in it, including the names, likenesses and biographical matter of owners, handlers, breeders and kennels participating in the event shall belong solely to the show giving club and/or the American Kennel Club, Inc. No spectator, participant, owner, handler, breeder or kennel shall make commercial use of any video recordings of any person or animal participating in this event without prior written approval from the Club. This event may not be broadcast to social media (e.g. Facebook Live, etc.) without prior written approval from the Club. Submission of an entry form and/or physical presence on the show grounds shall constitute both implied and real consent for both the handler and the dog to be professionally video recorded and streamed live only the by professional video services as contracted by the Club for this Show.
Violation of these show video policies may result in an Event or Bench Committee hearing and appropriate disciplinary action.